Monday, June 4, 2007

Somethin' to Say












Before they hit the brain

Your words take a detour
Straight outta ya mouth
No worries bout the fall out
You just tryna get it all out
Before the moment passes
Bein' a ass is what you all about
Comments on the clothes
Critiques about the kicks
2 cents about the ride
and 25 for random shit
Why can't you just sit
Without 2 or 3 slips
Better yet cross-country trips
Over vowels and consonants
Before you speak, think
Is that too much to ask
'Cause you be on my last nerve
I don't think it'll pass
Maybe I'm growin' up
I could just be annoyed
But speakin' without thought
That's meant for girls and boys
I could just avoid you
Maybe I should interject
But you'd prob'ly get loud
And start whinin' bout disrespect
Live and learn is all
The teacher's off today
But if you talk stupid again
I'mma have somethin' to say

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

love this!

jendayi said...

hello!

B.m.W said...

blu - glad you like it!

JAC - :)

I wrote this about some people I know that I could be outgrowing because of that practice. It's so juvenile that it makes my skin crawl when it's obvious comments are vomit.