Friday, June 22, 2007

With Justice and Healthcare for All

Have you ever been disgusted by the things that go on in the states? Of course, you have! Who hasn't been? Pension robberies, capital-influenced wars, upper-echelon secrecy and scandals. There is nothing new under the sun, but I have yet to see everything under the sun. I am definitely nowhere near understanding all of this nonsense. All of that is neither here nor there.

The point is that I never thought it would be possible to cough up blood and die in the ER as doctors, nurses, and administrators walk by you. I never thought the police would arrest you as you were dying, on a parole violation, rather than make sure you received medical attention. Apparently, I need to give my imagination an overhaul. I can't help wondering what each individual involved in this situation's train of thought was like. Was it a race thing? Was it a class thing? What was it? Is there even anything you can compare this to.

Read more here. I'm sure you'll be as appalled as I was.

2 comments:

jendayi said...

yeah i remember listening to this on the news. sad isn't it? there are no words to explain how inappropriate that was.

T.a.c.D said...

WTH is wrong with people?! I am just now reading this and it has totally blown my afternoon..this is totally unexceptable and tragic...totally!