Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Wrote This For You


I wrote this for you
The little girls and dudes
That got holes in they shoes
All the moms and pops
From factory and beauty shop
For a gang of tick tocks
Try'na get they money up

I wrote this for you
All the young kittens and cats
That feel they gotta carry straps
Or grind away in the traps
To put some labels on they back
To cop a new Benz or a 'Vette
Maybe vacay via cruise or a jet

I wrote this for you
I'm a grown grown man
Don't know who you thought I am
But I work hard and got a plan
I earn every dividend
A new struggle each day and
I love who I am

I wrote this for you
My granddaddies and mamas
A generation outta bondage
Worked they fingers to the cart'lidge
Just to get a couple dollas
Now your grandsons and daughtas
Gettin degrees from college

I wrote this for you
My family, friends, and bretheren
Section 8, Chapter 11 and
Workin from seven to seven
at the seven eleven
For hourly wages next to nothin
Livin in hell reachin for heaven

I wrote this for you
The plights of women and men
Some I was and ain't been in
Me and you like synonyms
Same pain, scenario differin'
I got you through thick and thin
Enemies we can conquer dem

I wrote this for you
The hater, so mad but I ain't made it
Although I'm heavily favored
I won't stop at greatness
Gotta lay a stronger foundation
So in about a generation
More minorities runnin' the nation

I wrote this for you
No matter what you do
You can make it through
If time is testin you
It's time for you to choose
If you wanna win or lose
I gotta plan, try on my shoes

1 comment:

jendayi said...

perfect. the photo. the poem. perfect.