Wednesday, April 4, 2007
F'in Ridiculous
Every time I feel like I've given myself time to be amazed about something, I stumble across something like this!
"?...the X1 pure-electric car prototype...blows away Ferrari's in drag races." Need I say more? Oh, yeah...it's an electric car! I can't imagine ever getting 70 mpg in a Ferrari or a Lambo, only partially because I can't afford one. It just doesn't make sense. Since the dawn of time, speed has required more power, meaning more gas. Not anymore.
This is the technical equivalent to entertainers and all-star athletes having to work harder than the regular Joe that works at 7-Eleven or runs the rides at the circus when it comes to dating. This is like George W. Bush sounding intelligent during a press conference while the reporters fumble for questions relative to the issues. More so than anything else, this is like the chubby kids being the all-state athletes in high school while the burly cats wash their uniforms.
If you get a chance, read the article "Wrightspeed's X1 Electric Supercar Sparks Hybrid Dreams". I'm usually the first one to bash on a hybrid, especially since the luxury hybrids only offer like 2 more mpg's on the highway. Don't even get me going on how small and unattractive their greener counterparts are. I wonder what possibilities this technology has in the aerospace industry. More importantly, I wonder how fast they could make a motorcycle with these types of engines.
Hmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment