Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Kelley School of Ballin'


Disclaimer: I do not advocate anything that has to do with DipSet, Cam'Ron, Juelz Santana, or any other wack MC perpin' like they're in a police lineup. That being said, I would like to express how thankful and overjoyed I am for God's everlasting mercy and watchful eye.

It doesn't seem like it's been six years. It doesn't seem like I should be starting my career in two and a half months, but that is the case. And I am very excited. I have a great support system in place in Chicago. All I have to do is find a place and try not to go crazy, spending all of my money on concerts and stuff. I do know that between GM buying my car back and this lady's insurance company paying for my motorcycle to get fixed, I have been in compensation heaven. I got a free car for a year and may get a free motorcycle for a few months. Tell me that's not God's grace!

It was long, hard, fun, emotional road, and now it has come to an end. I'll never forget my college years, even though I lost a lot of the pictures from some of them :( When are people going to learn to back stuff up? Nobody ever prints out digital pictures unless they have kids (not me). I guess I should just buy one of those digital picture frames or run a slide show on my TV when I get bored. I wonder if I'll end up getting a Tivo because I'll be travelling so much or if I just won't miss TV.

As a result of the last 23 years, I have joined many minority groups as of May 5th, 2007 when I graduated from the Kelley School of Business (Ballin') with a Master of Science in Information Systems degree. I am a black man over the age of 21 that has never been incarcerated. I am black man that has graduated with a Masters degree. I am a black man with a professional job. I also am a black man whose parents are still together. This is all just to show that I am blessed and will continue to be blessed if I stay the course of righteousness.

My mother told me the only thing left for me to do is find a wife...she's right in a few aspects. I think I'd like to get established, travel, and just be BMW for a while. We'll see how long that lasts. The countdown until the next courtship begins now. It could be as early as this week. I ran into an old friend at church (future Duke Law School Graduate/Attorney/cutie/passionate advocate for social change). I'll keep you posted.

No comments: